Comment on page
Contributor Growth and Impact
Commits growth provides you an insight into the growth or decline of the number of commits made by the unique contributor during the selected time period. The more number of commits shows the maximum engagement of contributors across all projects.
For the current release, GitHub and Git are the two data sources used to calculate contributors across all monitored repositories during the selected time period.
The analysis is done based on the following parameters for the selected period:
- The impact by the contributors is calculated based on the number of commits in all the monitored repositories. Distinct SHAs are calculated as commit IDs.
- Project IDs and subproject IDs are selected from the repositories.
This metric shows:
- A line graph that displays a period increase or decrease in the number of commits made by all unique contributors, across all projects, during the selected time range.
- The annotation block shows the total number of new contributors and the percent change as compared to the previous period.
This metric shows how many commits are made by the new contributors, across all the on-boarded projects. This provides an analysis of the impact the new contributors in the open source community.
- A line graph that displays a period increase or decrease in the number of commits made by new contributors during the selected time range.
- The time period during which most number of commits were made by the new contributors.
The observation section shows the following information:
- Average number of code activities performed by new contributors during the selected time period.
- Percentage rate of code contributions by the new contributors, from the previous time period to the selected time period.