Coordinate Signing CLA and become initial CLA Manager
Before a CCLA is signed, there is not yet an official "CLA Manager". Someone from the contributing company will be responsible for coordinating the CCLA signing process. That person will become the initial CLA Manager after it is signed.
This person (referred to internally in EasyCLA as the "CLA Manager Designee") can get designated as the initial CLA Manager either by starting the CCLA signing process themselves, or by being designated by another prospective contributor from their company who has started the EasyCLA CCLA process.
As the person who will become the initial CLA Manager, before starting the CCLA signing process, you will need to know the following before you proceed:
- Are you authorized to sign the CCLA on behalf of your company?
- If you are not, what is the name and email address of someone who is authorized to sign?
You may need to consult with your management or legal department for guidance on the above questions.
2. Select the project from the Search field, and click EasyCLA under the project name. Note: If a CCLA signature workflow is already in process for this project, you may be taken to the screen shown in step 5.
3. Click Start the CLA process.
Start the CLA Process
4. Click an answer: Are you authorized to be a CLA Manager for your organization?
5. Following screen appears. Under the Action column, click Proceed with Signing.
Proceed with Signing CLA
6. Select an answer: Are you authorized to sign CLAs on your company's behalf?
7. The Review CCLA window appears. Click Review & Sign CCLA.
8. The Preparing CCLA window appears. After CCLA preparation is completed, click Sign CCLA.
CCLA Ready for Signature
Result: You will be redirected to DocuSign to sign the CCLA.
9. Select the check box to agree to use electronic signatures, and click Continue. Follow the instructions in the DocuSign document to fill in the required fields, sign the CCLA, and click Finish.
Result: The CCLA is signed. You are now the CLA Manager from your company for this project. You will be redirected to the project page in the EasyCLA Corporate Console, and your name and email address will appear under CLA Managers From My Organization:
CCLA signed successfully
If you clicked No in step 4 above, the Identify CLA Manager form appears:
Enter the name and email address of the person who should be the initial CLA Manager, and click Submit Request.
If you are not sure who is the initial CLA Manager, then click Contact Company Admin, which may let you reach out to your company's LFX administrative contact if your company has set someone up with this role, or reach out to your management or legal department for guidance.
If you clicked No in step 6 above, the Identify Authorized Signatory form appears:
Enter the name and email address of the person who should sign the CCLA, and click Send Signature Request Email.