Become a Mentor
2. Click on Become a Mentor navigation menu item to create mentor profile, and request to be added to a program.
Keep these items ready before you begin:
- Your LinkedIn profile web address
- Your GitHub profile web address
- Your resume in a PDF, DOC, or DOCX format
- An image file for your avatar in JPG, PNG, SVG format with a maximum size of 2 MB
- (Required) Information about that project for which you like to mentor individuals: project name, project repository URL, and project administrator name and email
3. Complete the form fields. Note: Red asterisks indicate required fields. A bar at the top of the page shows your progress as you click Next through the form. Click any of the following links for information about fields.
4. Select the checkbox and click Submit. Click on My Profile navigation menu to view and edit your profile. Note: The Project Admin of the mentorship program you requested to be added to as a mentor will review your profile before you're added to the program.
Provide your first name, last name, email address, phone details, and upload your image in the respective fields. The Linux Foundation uses your contact information for corresponding with you.
Some fields are pre-filled with your Linux Foundation account values. Use an avatar (image) to represent yourself. Your avatar appears on your mentor's card under Mentees. Click Browse to upload a JPG, PNG, or SVG file. The preview profile shows the image that you uploaded.
Introduce yourself to project administrators and inform them why you would excel as a mentor for a project.
Click in the Skill Name field, select a skill, and click +Add skill to add your current skills.
Showcase your experience by providing links to your external profile pages, and uploading your resume file. Your external profile links will appear on your mentor card in Mentorship.
This is not a mandatory field when creating a mentor profile.
Click in the field, type a project name or select from the drop-down list, and click +Add Project. Your request is added with the status Requested.
Withdraw Request lets you withdraw your application.
After the project maintainer adds you to the project, you will get an email notification informing you that you are added to the project, and the status changes to Added.
Read the Terms and Conditions, and select the checkbox.