Submit Expensify Report to Receive Mentorship Stipend
After receiving a successful performance evaluation, all mentees are required to submit an Expensify report to receive mentorship stipend payments. There are two stipend payments, first one halfway through the mentorship, and second one upon successful completion of the program.
To create and submit an Expensify Report:
1. Sign in to Expensify. Note: Ensure that you use the same email address that you used to set up your account in Expensify.
2. Under your account, select Reports tab.
3. On Reports window, click New Report located on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Update auto-generated report name to: "your name - mentee stipend payment <#> of <#>" for example "Jane Smith - mentee stipend payment 1 of 2"
5. Click Add Expenses to create and add a new expense.
6. Click New Expenses to create a new expense.
7. Create a new expense by completing the fields as follows: Merchant: Your name Date: Date of the stipend payment (today's date) Total: 50% of the total amount of your stipend payment for midterm and final evaluation periods. Category: Select Mentorship from the dropdown list. Description: Name of your mentorship - mentee stipend payment <#> of <#> for example: "Linux Kernel - mentee stipend payment 1 of 2"
1. United States residents: please add the US bank deposit account to Expensify when first setting up the Expensify account
2. International mentees not residing in the US: please add “ - International Bank” after your name. The Linux Foundation will use the Wire Transfer Form you submitted with your acceptance letter to process your stipend payment
3. If you need to update your bank information, please download and use the wire transfer form below, add "updated" to the title, and attach it as a receipt with your report.
The Linux Foundation Wire Transfer Form.pdf
The Linux Foundation Wire Transfer Form
8. After you're redirected to the Reports page, click Submit from the top left corner.
9. (Optional) Provide email address of an individual in CC field if you want to share the report with the individual.
10. Click Send.
If you reside in the United States, add a U.S. bank deposit account to Expensify by navigating to Settings > Account > Payments > Bank Accounts as shown below.
NOTE: It may take up to 30 business days for the funds to be processed via wire-transfer and released by a bank outside the United States.