Linux Foundation is a technology association of several companies that helps to scale open source projects. Linux Foundation provides platforms to support the sustainability of the open source ecosystem by providing various services, events, and training.
LFX is a suite of tools built by the Linux Foundation to facilitate every aspect of open source development. The toolkit operationalizes the organization’s proven methodology for transforming projects into category leaders, providing direct support to projects and empowering open source developers to write better, more secure code and grow sustainable ecosystems. With 11 tools currently available and more on the roadmap for early next year, the LFX Platform is one of the most comprehensive platforms built specifically for the open technology ecosystem.
The world runs on open source, and projects need more than a version or source control system to scale. The Linux Foundation has evolved a proven methodology to transform projects into category leaders. LFX operationalizes this approach, providing a suite of tools built to facilitate every aspect of open source development.
Available tools include...
- Insights gives you complete visibility into project performance and ecosystem trends. Understand your contributor community and make informed decisions with our analytics and reporting tools.
- Security (Beta Available) gives you more visibility into your project's security by automatically monitoring thousands of open source repositories for possible vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Individual Dashboard is your self-service hub for all of your open source activity. Build your personal profile, manage credentials and contact details, update your affiliations, and track your community participation all in one place.
- EasyCLA streamlines the management and execution of Contributor License Agreements (CLAs) so you can stay compliant with project policies.
- Mentorship makes it easier than ever to pair promising open source talent with experienced mentors. Invest in building a stronger and more diverse community of qualified developers and engineers.
- Crowdfunding makes it possible for open source projects to raise money from individuals and organizations who believe in what they're building. Projects receive 100% of donations and manage their own funds.
- Member Enrollment makes it easier than ever for people to join your project. Onboard new members faster with streamlined data entry and contract execution.
- Landscape is an open sourced tool that lets you build a visual map of your ecosystem. Organize your contributors and related projects to better analyze how everyone fits into your project development.
- Community Events lets you easily host and manage events for your project community. Whether planning a virtual conference or working with local meetup organizers, our robust platform has you covered.
- Training Portal provides individuals and corporate learners centralized access to The Linux Foundation’s extensive list of courses and certifications, developed and taught by expert instructors.
- Project Control Center (Limited Access Beta Early 2021) provides seamless operations support across governance, IT, and product management needs so you can focus on getting the work done.
Developers and sponsors of open source projects hosted by The Linux Foundation can benefit from these tools today. Simply log in with your Linux Foundation account and get started. Other tools, including Crowdfunding and Mentorship, provide valuable resources to community projects and the extended open source community.
The LFX tools are provided as a value to developers and sponsors of open source projects hosted by the Linux Foundation. No fees of any kind are assessed to open source projects on the platform.
Simply log into [Project Control Center] using your Linux Foundation account and follow the step-by-step instructions. The application process takes just a few minutes, then your submission will be reviewed by the LFX team. You’ll receive a communication from us once your project has been set up.
Please note: Only project maintainers or collaborators with administrative control can set up a project in LFX.
LFX supports one maintainer per project at this time. This user serves as admin of the project within the platform.