As an individual contributor, you are contributing code on your own behalf (not on behalf of an employer). You create a pull request in GitHub or submit changed code in Gerrit to inform reviewers about the changes. During the process, your CLA is verified, and you must sign a CLA if you have not already signed, before you can contribute to GitHub or Gerrit.
1. Navigate to the GitHub repository that is linked to the project for your organization.
2. Make a change and send a pull request.
- EasyCLA checks your CLA status. It marks a cross or a tick beside your name based on your CLA status.
- A cross next to your contributor name means the CLA check failed.
CLA GitHub Individual Check Fail
or Please click here to be authorized.
4. Click Authorize LF-Engineering. (Subsequent contributions will not require authorization.)
The CLA Contributor Console appears and shows the CLA group for your project. The CLA types display:
5. Click Individual and then click OPEN CLA.
DocuSign presents the agreement that you must sign. The ICLA is not tied to any employer you may have, so enter your @personal address in the E-Mail field.
6. Follow the instructions in the DocuSign document, sign it, and click FINISH.
- You receive an email from The Linux Foundation, informing you that you have signed the CLA.
- You can download the PDF document by clicking the link form the email. You will be redirected to Linux Foundation's website. If the download doesn't start automatically, click Proceed to Download.
You are redirected to GitHub. Wait a few seconds for the CLA status to update. A tick appears next to your branch.
GitHub Individual Contributor Pass
7. Click Merge pull request and confirm the merge.
1. In Gerrit, clone a repository under the Gerrit instance into your local machine.
2. Make a change and push the code to your Gerrit repository.
3. A warning link that you need to sign a CLA appears:
CLA Gerrit Sign a CLA
6. Navigate to Settings— the gear icon on the upper right corner, and click Agreements from the menu on the left:
7. Click New Contributor Agreement.
8. Select Individual CLA (ICLA), and click Please review the agreement.
ICLA User Flow
9. Sign in to EasyCLA if you are prompted.
10. Click OPEN CLA on the dialog that appears: DocuSign presents the agreement that you must sign. The Individual CLA is not tied to any employer you may have, so enter your @personal address in the EMail field.
CLA Gerrit Individual CLA
11. Follow the instructions in the DocuSign document, sign it, and click FINISH.
You are redirected to Gerrit. Wait a few seconds for the CLA status to update.