Add or Delete an Organization Affiliation
Organizations are shared accounts where open source projects can collaborate across many projects at once. Affiliation Management lets you:
- Affiliate a profile with one or more organizations and for a specific enrollment period—this means that Insights counts the affiliated profile data in various organization charts and graphs.
- Delete an organization affiliation—this means that Insights does not count the affiliated profile data in organization charts and graphs.
- 1.Select a project name of interest.
- 2.Click Identities & Affiliations.
- 4.Click a row that corresponds to a name of interest. Profile Information appears.
- 5.Navigate to Organization Affiliation. Organizations and their corresponding enrollment dates are listed.
An organization affiliation relates a profile (unique identity) and an organization. An enrollment specifies that the person is associated with (employed at) an organization during a certain period.
1. Click Add New. The Add an Enrollment pane appears. Note: Organization Name and Start date are mandatory fields.
Add Organization Affiliation
2. In the Organization Name field, start typing the name you want to add and select a name from the drop-down list that appears. (Click X next to the field to cancel your selection.) Note: If organization name doesn't appear from list, click Add new Organization from the option shown.
Add new Organization
3. Specify an enrollment period by selecting start and end dates. Enter in a date field or click the down arrow to open a calendar and select a date. You can change the enrollment period at anytime.
4. Click Add Enrollment. The organization is listed in Affiliations.
- 1.Click Delete next to the organization that you want to withdraw.
- 2.Click Delete on the Confirm dialog that appears.The organization affiliation is deleted.
You can update only enrollment dates.
- 1.Click Update next to the organization for which you want to update the enrollment dates.
- 2.Change enrollment dates, and click Update Enrollment Dates. The organization affiliation is updated.