ExamUI: Performance Based Exams
This information applies to the following exams: CKA, CKAD, CKS, CFCD, CHFA, LFCS
The Exam User Interface for Performance Based Exams is composed of two main areas:
- Exam Console Functions
- Remote Desktop (Virtual Machine)
Linux Foundation ExamUI
The remote desktop is configured with all the tools and software needed to complete the tasks. This includes:
- Terminal Emulator
- Firefox browser to access "Resources Allowed"
- Virtual Keyboard
- The ExamUI Tour will commence when the exam is first released to the candidate. The exam timer will not begin until the tour ends (either when the candidate watches the complete tour, or when the candidate clicks on the "Hide" option)
- A virtual keyboard is provided on the remote desktop (available as an Icon on the remote desktop - or within the Applications/Accessories menu). In the event of special characters not functioning correctly on some international keyboards, please use the virtual keyboard provided.
- The candidate can click on "Reset Desktop" in the event of any technical issues loading the remote desktop.
- The timer bar indicates the testing time remaining (in minutes). A visible alert will be presented at 30mins, 15mins and 5mins remaining.
- There are 2 tabs presented as default on the remote desktop. The "ReadMe" tab includes important instructions regarding the exam environment. The Remote Desktop tab contains the workstation configured with the necessary applications and tools.
- The exam can be ended, by clicking on "End Exam" - this will close the ExamUI and the candidate will be prompted to "End Proctoring Session" to close out their exam session.
- The Terminal Emulator (where you will complete the exam items) can be found in the "Applications" menu OR as an icon on the remote desktop.
- The “+” or “-” buttons (zoom in / zoom out) on the PSI Secure Browser Toolbar, can be used to increase or decrease the font size presented in the Remote Desktop.
- The Firefox browser window can be maximized or minimized by double-clicking within the browser header or use the maximize or minimize buttons located in the top right corner of the browser header. If the top right corner of the browser window is off-screen, you can drag the browser window to bring the top right corner into view).
- The Content Panel (the panel on the left-hand side that displays the exam items) can be resized by dragging the border that separates the content panel from the remote desktop.
- The Terminal (Terminal Emulator Application) is a Linux Terminal; to copy & paste within the Linux Terminal you need to use LINUX keyboard shortcuts:Copy = Ctrl+SHIFT+C (inside the terminal) Paste = Ctrl+SHIFT+V (inside the terminal) OR Use the Right Click Context Menu and select Copy or Paste
- Use Ctrl+F in the Firefox Browser to activate the "Find in Page" feature. A Find bar will appear at the bottom of the window. (Please be sure to resize the Firefox browser so that you can see the full browser window before using the “Find” feature.)
- You can maximize the PSI Secure Browser to fit your full screen. You can also use the toggle to the right of your video thumbnail in the Secure Browser tool bar to shrink the toolbar. This will allow more real estate for the display of the ExamUI.