Important Instructions: RVFA
- The exam is delivered online and consists of 45-50 multiple choice questions.
- Candidates have 90 minutes to complete the RVFA exam.
- The exam is proctored remotely via streaming audio, video, and screen sharing feeds.
- Results will be emailed 24 hours from the time that the exam is completed.
The online proctored exam is taken on PSI's proctoring platform "Bridge", using the PSI Secure Browser (a web browser created to guarantee a secure exam delivery over a virtual connection).
Candidates must provide their own computer with:
- All browsers are supported, however PSI highly recommends using Chrome as the registration browser because the secure browser is Chrome-based and will give a more accurate experience.
- One active monitor (either built in or external) (NOTE: Dual Monitors are NOT supported)
- Reliable internet access
- Ensure others on the same internet connection are not performing activities that use excessive bandwidth (i.e. holding conference calls, streaming content, gaming, etc.)
- A wired connection is often more stable and robust than a wireless connection
- Turn off bandwidth-intensive services (e.g. file sync, dropbox, BitTorrent)
- Mac users may need to allow the PSI Secure Browser within their 'System Preferences: Security & Privacy: Privacy' settings for Microphone, Camera, Automation and Input Monitoring.
- Please check to make sure it is working before you start your exam session.
- Ensure the webcam is capable of being moved as you will have to pan your surroundings to check for potential violations of exam policy.
- If you will be testing from an employer-provide ISP or will use an employer provided machine, please ensure that streaming will be allowed using WebRTC.
Candidates are not allowed to have other applications or browser windows running except the one on which the Exam is being shown.
- Please disable firewalls or use a computer without a corporate firewall. Firewalls may interfere with installing the secure browser needed to take the test.
- You should use a computer on which you have the privileges needed to install applications AND end system process' and services.
- You cannot take an exam using a virtual machine even though the compatibility check may not display any issues
- If possible, stop any antivirus software from running, and antivirus scanning during the exam time.
Below are the expectations for an acceptable testing location::
- Clutter-free work area
- No objects such as paper, writing implements, electronic devices, or other objects on top of surface
- No objects such as paper, trash bins, or other objects below the testing surface
- Clear walls
- No paper/print outs hanging on walls
- Paintings and other wall décor is acceptable
- Candidates will be asked to remove non-décor items prior to the exam being released
- Space must be well lit so that proctor is able to see candidate’s face, hands, and surrounding work area
- No bright lights or windows behind the examinee
- Candidate must remain within the camera frame during the examination
- Space must be private where there is no excessive noise. Public spaces such as coffee shops, stores, open office environments, etc. are not allowed.
Candidates need to provide identification (ID) that meets the requirements outlined below:
- All IDs must be valid (unexpired) Government-issued originals (i.e. not a photocopy)
- IDs must include the candidate's name, photo, and signature*
- *Government-issued biometric IDs that do not contain signature will be accepted
- Acceptable forms of ID:
- International travel passport
- Government-issued driver’s license/permit
- Government-Issued local language ID (with photo and signature)
- National identity card State or province-issued identity card
- Alien registration card (green card or permanent resident/visa)
- 住民基本台帳 (Basic Resident Register with photo) or マイナンバーカード(My Number Card)
- Minors, between the age of 16-18, are permitted to take an online proctored exam with PSI, provided they complete the following requirements:
- At check in, the minor candidate must present a valid student ID as a form of identification
- During the PSI check-in process, the candidate's guardian must also present a valid ID and must provide verbal consent during the PSI check-in process.
Exams may be administered to citizens of a sanctioned country listed below PROVIDED the citizens are tested OUTSIDE the sanctioned country and their exam registration and current ID show an address OUTSIDE the sanctioned country.
- North Korea
- Crimea Region of Ukraine
We recommend that candidates review the Take Exam section of our Candidate handbook, to become familiar with the PSI Secure Browser Download and Installation steps, and the candidate's Self Check-In Process.