SkillCred Exams: Important Instructions
Supports SkillCred Exams: SC100, SC101, SC102, SC103, SC104
- SkillCreds offer a new exam experience combining a variety of item types including multiple-choice questions, fill-in-the-blank, open format, terminal input, and more.
- Proctorio’s Automated Proctoring system monitors the SkillCred Exams With Automated Proctoring, there is no live proctor watching test takers during the exam. After the exam is submitted, the exam recordings are reviewed and flagged for suspicious behavior or violations of exam rules and policies.
- Results will be emailed 24 hours from the time that the exam is completed
- Reliable internet access
- Ensure others on the same internet connection are not performing activities that use excessive bandwidth (i.e. holding conference calls, streaming content, gaming, etc.)
- A wired connection is often more stable and robust than a wireless connection
- Turn off bandwidth-intensive services (e.g. file sync, dropbox, BitTorrent)
- One active monitor (either built in or external) (NOTE: Dual Monitors are NOT supported). The Linux Foundation recommends a screen size of 15” or higher to support the ExamUI
- Please check to make sure it is working before you start your exam session.
- Ensure the webcam is capable of being moved as you will have to pan your surroundings to check for potential violations of exam policy.
- If you will be testing from an employer-provide ISP or will use an employer provided machine, please ensure that streaming will be allowed using WebRTC.
- Candidates are not allowed to have other applications or browser windows running except the one on which the Exam is being shown.
Below are the expectations for an acceptable testing location:
- Clutter-free work area
- No objects such as paper, writing implements, electronic devices, or other objects on top of surface
- No objects such as paper, trash bins, or other objects below the testing surface
- Clear walls
- No paper/print outs hanging on walls
- Paintings and other wall décor is acceptable
- Space must be well lit in order to clearly see the candidate’s face, hands, and surrounding work area
- No bright lights or windows behind the candidate
- Candidate must remain within the camera frame during the examination
- Space must be private where there is no excessive noise.
- Public spaces such as coffee shops, stores, open office environments, etc. are not allowed.
Candidates need to provide identification (ID) that meets the requirements outlined below:
- All IDs must be valid (unexpired) Government-issued originals (i.e. not a photocopy)
- IDs must include the candidate's name, photo, and signature*
- *Government-issued biometric IDs that do not contain signature will be accepted
- Acceptable forms of ID:
- International travel passport
- Government-issued driver’s license/permit
- Government-Issued local language ID (with photo and signature)
- National identity card State or province-issued identity card
- Alien registration card (green card or permanent resident/visa)
- 住民基本台帳 (Basic Resident Register with photo) or マイナンバーカード(My Number Card)
- Minors, between the age of 16-18, are permitted to take an online proctored exam provided they complete the following requirements:
Exams may be administered to citizens of a sanctioned country listed below PROVIDED the citizens are tested OUTSIDE the sanctioned country and their exam registration and current ID show an address OUTSIDE the sanctioned country.
- North Korea
- Crimea Region of Ukraine
During the exam, candidates may:
- review the Exam content instructions that are presented in the command line terminal.
- review Documents installed by the distribution within the exam terminal (i.e. /usr/share and its subdirectories)
- 1.Do not stop or tamper with the
remoteExecutionAgentprocess as this will END YOUR EXAM SESSION.
- 2.Do not reconfigure the network, unless explicitly prompted to do so as part of the instructions as this may END YOUR EXAM SESSION.
- 3.Use Ctrl+Alt+W instead of Ctrl+W.
- 5.1 Ctrl+W is a keyboard shortcut that will close the current tab in Google Chrome.
- 4.The Terminal (Terminal Emulator Application) is a Linux Terminal; copy & paste within the Linux Terminal works normally using your Operating System's keyboard shortcuts.
- OR Use the Right Click Context Menu and select Copy or Paste
- 5.Installation of services and applications included in this exam may require modification of system security policies to complete.
- Each task on the exam will be completed on a designated Virtual Machine.
- You have elevated privileges on any Virtual Machine by default, so there is no need to assume elevated privileges.
- For your convenience, all environments have the following additional command-line tools pre-installed and pre-configured:
manand man pages for further documentation
If you need additional help, please login with your LF Account to https://trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and use the search bar to find an answer to your question, or select your request type from the categories provided.