Affiliation is the act of associating with an organization on behalf of which you contribute to The Linux Foundation’s projects. The Affiliations section shows statistical dashboards for communities, and provides a complete visibility into affiliations.
The section displays the following details based on data availability:
The names of the projects you're contributing to
Your level of contribution, such as contributor or maintainer
Time duration for each contribution
Affiliation type, such as Individual or the names of the organizations you're affiliated with as a contributor or maintainer.
Manage Affiliations CTA to manage your affiliations
If your affiliation details, such as company name, affiliation time period, contribution level (contributor or maintainer), and so on are not correctly displayed, you can anytime edit, update or delete your affiliation with an organization.
You may want to edit an affiliation if your affiliation details are not correctly displayed or you want to add a new contribution level to a company or a whole new affiliation to a project. Following are the instructions to edit and update your affiliation information:
1. Log in to myprofile.lfx.linuxfoundation.org
2. From the left hand navigation pane, navigate to My Code Contributions > Affiliations.
3. On the top right corner, click Manage Affiliations.
4. For default affiliations, under My Default Affiliation, select a value from the Select Type drop-down list, provide details such as organization name (not applicable for Individual type), start and end dates, and contribution type from the drop-down list, and click Save & close.
5. For project specific affiliations, select a project under My Project Specific Affiliations, and provide details in the respective fields, such as affiliation type (Individual or Company), organization name, start and end dates, and contribution type.
6. Click Save & Close to save and close the window.
7. To add a new affiliation or to split existing affiliations for a project, click the project, and click Add New from the top right corner.
8. Provide details in the respective fields, and click Save & close.
You may want to delete an affiliation if the affiliation data is not relevant to the project that you are contributing to. To delete an affiliation:
From the left hand navigation pane, navigate to My Code Contributions > Affiliations.
On the top right corner, click Manage Affiliations.
Click next to an affiliation to delete the affiliation.
1. Click +Add if the organization name is not shown in the predictive search list.
2. On the Add Organization window, provide organization URL, organization name in the respective fields, and click Add.